Absorbing sunlight and vitamin D in the Highlands of Scotland:
- Bee taking physical exercise – take opportunities in our campervan to go walking, hiking, fishing, swimming, snorkelling and kite surfing. Physical activity helps bump up the production of your brain’s feel-good neurotransmitters, called endorphins.
- Bee stress-free – go beeyond your limits and find your freedom and your wild side in our campervan, which helps to let go of all your daily stresses.
- Bee absorbing fresh air – breathe in the fresh air from the sea, mountains and forests.
- Bee ‘forest bathing’ – Forest Bathing or ‘Shinrin-Yoku’ was first developed in Japan in the 1980’s following scientific studies conducted by the government. The results showed that two hours of mindful exploration in a forest could reduce blood pressure, lower cortisol (stress hormone) levels, lift depression, boost our immune system and improve concentration and memory. Forest bathing is retreating to nature to immerse in the forest atmosphere. Reconnecting with your five senses: by touching the trees, feeling the ground without your shoes on (‘grounding’); smelling all of the scents; noticing the foliage; listening to the birds; tasting the freshness of the air and gathering forest edibles. Forest bathing is about bee present in the moment and connecting with nature.
- Bee resetting your sleep clock and improving your rest – you can easily synchronise your body clock to solar times by waking earlier and sleeping earlier than in your usual routine. Natural sunlight schedules help aid your body’s circadian rhythm: it makes sense that spending plenty of time outdoors could help restore our natural cycles.
- Bee making new friends – it is easier to meet other people in our campervan, which increases your socialisation and social inclusion.
- Bee boosting your vitamin D – it is easier to get sunshine from our campervan, which is beneficial for your bones, teeth and muscles. Our body creates vitamin D from direct sunlight on our skin when you’re outdoors.
- Bee bonding with family and friends – Bee in the moment with your family and friends in our campervan and create those special moments that you can treasure. Spending quality time with each other away from social media and work distractions.
- Bee having a healthy diet – take the opportunity to have those BBQ’s with healthy options such as fresh fish and vegetables and side salads.
- Bee making good memories for yourselves in our campervan – these increases feeling of positivity, self-confidence, self-esteem and sense of achievement!
Bee closer to nature: